TELUGU CINEMASS

Oct 25, 2007

Telugu Actor Venkatesh Interview


After the success of Lakshmi and Aadavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule, Venkatesh has once again set the BO on fire with his latest release, Tulasi.

Excerpts from the interview:

Q. Tell us what's special about the movie

Tulasi is yet another family drama, entertaining and with strong emotional appeal. It has all the ingredients to satisfy all types of audiences. Unlike Lakshmi, Thulasi , has an extra dose of high-voltage action, together with some romance and sentiment. A major highlight is the music by Devi Sri Prasad, which has already become a chartbuster.

Q. Challenge of playing a complex character

Tulasi Ram who is the hero, is an architect, and his character is a blend of violence and silence. He hails from Palnadu, well-known for its political factions and therefore he is characterised as being aggressive and militant. He falls in love with a girl –– call her a mix of modernity and tradition.

Q. Performances of the other characters

Nayanatara was selected to play the part of the heroine conceived as homely and at the same time glamourous, and she's done wonderfully. The boy, Athulith has given a splendid performance too. I can repeatedly say, he is cute, wonderful and great. The movie is sentimental in the sense that I make the audience cry for me in some scenes, but the child sentiment can be called the lifeline of the film.

Q. You don't prefer doing big budget films?
For me, there is nothing like a big budget movie or small budget movie. After all, everybody works for money. The economics for each movie is worked out differently. I should gauge my range as an actor first, understand my ability in relation to the role and perform well –– that is important –– not pushing myself beyond my limits.

Q. You are said to be turning spiritual. What is your experience with metaphysics?

Yes. I completely surrendered to Him. I can't explain who that He is. He will take care of me. I have experienced God within. Most of us do not recognise God who resides in our hearts. Once you invite him wholeheartedly, you will be in a state of bliss. Moreover, I have lost faith in idol worship.

Q. When will Rana make his entry?

Yes. Rana (son of Suresh Babu) wants to be an actor. He will come, but only when the time is right.

Source:Timesofindia, Photo courtesy:Bharatstudent.com

0 Comments: