TELUGU CINEMASS

Nov 6, 2013

Vishakha Singh Returns to Telugu Movies

Vishakha Singh
Six years after she made her filmi debut in Telugu films, actor Vishakha Singh is now all set to return to T-town with Rowdy Fellow, opposite Nara Rohit. "The movie is being directed by lyricist Krishna Chaitanya. Working with him is an experience in itself," says the actor, adding, "While all the directors I worked with would shoot four lines and then say 'cut', Krishna Chaitanya wants everything in one shot.

Since I don't know the language, it's challenging, but I like the fact that he's pushing my limits." While she has acted in a number of Kollywood and Bollywood films since, she didn't always want to be an actor. A business studies graduate from Delhi University, it was when Ashutosh Gowariker spotted her in 2003 that the acting bug bit her. "He wanted to audition me for Swades. But then, he said I was too young. Despite this, I didn't lose hope, because an Oscar nominated director spotting me in itself was a big deal!" says the actress,who also dabbled in modelling after her graduation. The actress admits that though she would love to learn South Indian languages, she simply "doesn't have the time". "There is too much competition here and the roles aren't centred on women either. So we need to keep moving," she explains, adding that she remembers her lines by rote.

"While everyone is relaxing or taking a break, I'm rehearsing my lines, since the time I wake up. It's like a test I have to face everyday," laughs the 26-year-old. Ask her if working in Tollywood is any different from other industries and pat comes the reply, "Absolutely not. Most of the new-age filmmakers' style of working is quite similar to each other's. It's not like earlier times,where the director has the last word.

Now, there is a more democratic way of working — there have been instances when I have given my point of view to the directors and they've taken it too." Plus, she admits, "In the technical aspects, the South industry is so much superior! That's why most of the technicians are from the South. And, people are more punctual here," smiles the actress and signs off.

Actress Vishakha Singh Biography

Vishakha Singh
Actress
Vishakha Singh is an Indian film actress and producer. She appeared in South Indian language films, before starring in Bollywood projects, most prominently in Ashutosh Gowariker's 2010 period piece ..
Born: May 5, 1987 (age 26), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Height: 1.63 m

0 Comments: