TELUGU CINEMASS

Jul 9, 2009

Army honours Mohanlal with Lieutenant Colonel post

Malayam film star Mohanlal is the Indian Army's latest brand ambassador. He will be given the rank of Lt Col in the Territorial Army in New Delhi on Thursday. He exclusively spoke to CNN-IBN about turning Lieutenant Colonel Mohanlal.

CNN-IBN: You always wanted to be a part of the Army since your childhood?

Mohanlal: Not exactly. Surprisingly in my neighbourhood, my friend Veenu used to sketch lot of pictures inspired from the Army, Air Force and Navy. When I was a child, I used to go, sit and look at those.

CNN-IBN: What do you think a Mohanlal, a celebrity can bring into the Indian Army?

Mohanlal: The thing is that they asked me to be the brand ambassador of the Army. It in itself is a great honour. Being an actor I have visited Delhi many a times, I had been in the Capital for my Padmashree, receiving my Best Actor, Best Producer awards. But this is a very rare thing, or rare an occasion.

CNN-IBN: At 17 when you started off with films, did you ever expect that it's going to come this far?

Mohanlal: I never plan or expect things. This is definitely a gift from the almighty and this is a great honour. Indian Army is honouring me with the Lieutenant Colonel Post.

0 Comments: