TELUGU CINEMASS

Aug 24, 2013

‘Jwala and I are just friends’: Actor Harsha­vardhan Rane

‘Jwala and I are just friends’: Harsha­vardhan Rane

Ace shuttler Jwala Gutta with actor Harshavardhan Rane
 Actor Harsha­vardhan Rane Interview

Actor Harsha­vardhan Rane finds it amusing that people are talking about him seeing ace badminton player Jwala Gutta and that recently she gifted him a Volvo. “As a matter of principle I don’t accept expensive gifts from anyone. My middle-class mind-set doesn’t allow me to even dream of such luxuries. It’s her car and people might have seen me behind the wheels when I drove her home after a tiring practice session,” says the Avunu star. Talking about their link-up rumours, he says, “These rumours are not true. I had ignored them as I did not want to talk about our friendship before the media. However, I would now like to put the record straight that we are just good friends.”

Stating that he likes spending time with his “friend”, Rane adds, “She is a great person and time just flies when she is around. She is full of smiles  and is a stress buster,” he adds. About the two being seen together quite a few times, he says, “Can’t you go out with your friend?” “Basically I am a home bird and am reluctant to go out for dinners or parties, so once in a while when I do venture out, it’s blown out of proportion,” he explains, adding, “Rana Daggubati is another of my close friends in T-town.”

After Jwala’s item number in Gunde Jari Gallanthainde, would she pursue acting any further? Rane thinks not. “I could sense that she was nervous and uneasy in that song and wasn’t comfortable wearing make-up and film costumes. I don’t think she will pursue acting seriously since she is a world-class shuttler and has a lot left to achieve in her field,” he clarifies. Meanwhile Rane’s film career is thriving. He is excited about signing a three-film deal with director Madhura Sreedhar and producer M.V.K. Reddy. “I can only reveal that I have signed a three-film deal and have discovered that corporatisation of T-town is on its way” he explains. He adds that he is excited to work with director Sekar Kammula in the Telugu / Tamil film Anamika, the remake of the Kahaani. “Working with directors like Sekar Kammula is like a dream come true,” he says.

Rane, however, regrets that he missed out on a negative role in  filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela. “I got the offer last year but I couldn’t allot 100-days to play the main antagonist in the big-ticket entertainer,” he concludes.

0 Comments: