TELUGU CINEMASS

Oct 31, 2013

Interview: Chinmayi Excited To Sing In Bollywood


 Playback Singer Chinmayi Biography, Awards

After singing the 'Titli' number in the Shahrukh Khan-starrer Chennai Express, popular South Indian playback singer Chinmayi Sripada notched up another musical hit 'Main Rang Sharabaton ka' in the recently released movie Phata Poster Nikla Hero. The music was composed by Pritam and the song picturised on the lead pair Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz. She was hosting the show Chote Ustaad in 2010 when Pritam called her to sing a few songs. Chinmayi told PTI, "He got in touch with me and I ended up recording a song for PPNH. The song was released within a week or so of my recording the song for him." She added "I guess Shahid and Ileana didn't know of me. Shahid had tweeted about this song via his twitter feed and that is how I got to know that the song had released." Pritam had briefed the singer on how he would like the track to be. "Once he heard what I sent him, he asked me to redo a couple of lines which I sent him later from Chennai. It is quite normal these days to record a song in the absence of the composer," she said.

Chinmayi has recently rendered Sitakokachiluka with music composer Shekhar, a single whose proceeds will go to Ma Niketan, a non-profit organisation that takes care of abandoned girl children in Mumbai. She said, "He chose to work in Telugu first and I recommended that Rakendu Mouli, an upcoming, but very good lyricist write the words in the song. He did an outstanding job."


Sound Recording Hasn't Become Mechanical The singer also doesn't think the process of sound recording has become mechanical. "I don't feel the process of sound recording has become mechanical. However I shall also say that the veterans know both eras. Which someone in my generation doesn't. I don't know what the process of rehearsals and song recording is at all as I have not experienced that to have a comparative study."

Chinmayi Prefers Singing Song In Single Stretch She added, "I will safely say that I prefer singing a song in a stretch if I am allowed to. A lot of times I do choose to and do sing the asthayi and antara in one take respectively. And I give a few takes until I feel it is perfect. I like the continuity of singing my lines together instead of going line by line."

Chinmayi Happy To Follow Instructions She said, "At the end of the day, I am singing the composer's creation and I follow the instructions given to me. What I feel may be a right take may not work for the composer or his vision on how he thinks the song should sound."

Chinmayi's Songs In Kochadaiyaan Chinmayi recently wrapped up working on a song, composed by AR Rahman, in the Rajinikanth starrer Kochadaiyaan. "I'll know the response once the audio releases. I have also sung in Irandaam Ulagam (starring Arya and Anushka) and Varna, (director) Selvaraghavan's magnum opus, the audio of which has released."

Chinmayi Dubs For Anushka, Trisha Also a dubbing artiste, Chinmayi has dubbed for Anushka in Irandaam Ulagam and Trisha in the upcoming Tamil movie Endrendrum Punnagai. She also released a single for the Joy of Giving week which was made in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. The proceeds of the single went to 17000ft.org, an organisation based out of Ladakh.

 Chinmayi Biography
Chinmayi Sripada is an Indian playback singer, working mainly for the South Indian film industry. She is also a voice actor, and has worked as a television presenter and a Radio jockey as well.
Born: September 10, 1984 (age 29), Chennai
Education: University of Madras

Chinmayi Boy Friend

Marriage Date: 13th February 2014

Andala rakshasi hero Rahul and singer Chinmayi are in love and they get married very soon. Chinmayi sripaada had tweeted that "my boyfriend Rahul" in her twitter.
They are in love for two years. Chinmayi is also a dubbing artist who dubs for Samantha in Telugu. They both belong to Chennai. Let wish her a advance happy married life

0 Comments: