TELUGU CINEMASS

Jul 31, 2013

Telugu actor Nani met Kamal Haasan


Telugu actor Nani, who is currently shooting here for the southern remake of Band Baaja Baaraat, bumped into Kamal Haasan and says he was left star struck by the legendary actor-filmmaker. Nani and Kamal Haasan were shooting on adjacent floors. Kamal was filming for upcoming multilingual thriller Vishwaroopam 2. "Like a kid who wants to get a glimpse of his favourite movie star, I thought (I) will go meet him and take a picture (with him) and ask for an autograph," Nani wrote on his Twitter page.

Nani, however, couldn't believe when Kamal welcomed him graciously. "To my surprise what followed was a warm welcome. He knows me and has seen my work. (I) couldn't believe it. He introduced me to his heroine and told her how my name has a different meaning in Tamil when it's just a pet name in Telugu," he wrote. Having met Kamal Haasan, the actor feels he is in a state of trance.

"I had a chat with him and got back to shoot. (I think) dreams do come true. I'm still in a trance," he further wrote. Nani, known for Telugu films such as Ashta Chamma and Ala Modalaindi, rose to stardom with critically acclaimed Telugu revenge-drama Eega. He is also busy shooting for Telugu action-drama Janda Pai Kapiraju.

0 Comments: