TELUGU CINEMASS

Apr 30, 2013

Sundeep Kishan keen to build as actor


Sundeep Kishan keen to build credibility as actor

For someone who doesn`t come from a star family, it`s important to build credibility with different roles, says southern actor Sundeep Kishan, who is currently basking in the success of his recent Tamil film `Yaaruda Mahesh`.

"How do I build credibility if I`m neither from a star family, nor do I have the looks and I can`t even dance like any of the top heroes? It can only be done if I choose to do something out-of-the-box in every film. I`ve been precisely doing that since my debut," Sundeep told reporters.

"I played a negative lead in my Telugu debut film followed by another offbeat role in `Prasthanam`. This was followed by the role of a cricketer in `Shor In The City` to a college-goer in `Routine Love Story`. I also played a rural character in `Gundello Godari`," he added.

Sundeep admits there is lot of risk involved, but says it`s all worth it.

"I`m aware of the risk involved, but I`m always driven by the urge to attempt something first-of-its-kind. Luckily, it has worked every time. I wanted to do something different in Tamil as well, and, therefore I decided to do a full-length adult-comedy," he said.

"Even though it was risky to do adult-comedy in Tamil, considering nobody has even attempted it before, I took my chances. I`m extremely happy with the response and have been getting lot of phone calls since the release. Audiences in the theatre I went to were laughing out loud in every other scene," he added.

`Yaaruda Mahesh`, which also features Dimple Chopda and Jagan in key roles, released April 26. Its Telugu version, titled `Mahesh`, is scheduled to release in May.

As of now, he has two Telugu films in hand - `D for Dopidi` and `DK Bose`. He is likely to sign a big banner Tamil project soon.

0 Comments: