TELUGU CINEMASS

Feb 7, 2009

Trisha demanded more than a crore for a Gopichand film


Worth a Million Bucks!

Trisha, who’s reportedly demanded more than a crore for a Gopichand film, says she doesn’t hike or drop her price...

THE fun-loving Trisha is back from a long holiday. “I love to take long breaks and go on vacations. I usually do so twice a year,” says Trisha, who was on a trip to Australia. “My friends and I try to cover various parts of the world. We went to Australia last time and liked it so much that we decided to go there again,” she says.

She’s back to work now and has resumed shooting for the Telugu remake of Abhiyum Naanum, the Tamil version having become a big hit. And she’s excited about it. “Heroines don’t get to do such roles. I’m happy with the response I’ve received,” she says. This is Trisha’s fourth movie with Prakash Raj. “Prakash Raj and I have played various kinds of roles in other movies. This is the first time we share screen space as father and daughter. It’s totally different from what we’ve done before, something the audience would never have imagined,” says Trisha, who also comments on the young Manmohan Singh’s role, played by newbie Ganesh Venkatraman. “He’s a very dedicated newcomer who has turned out to be a good friend,” she says.

Trisha, who’s also shooting for Vishnuvardhan’s Sarvam, will be seen in Gopichand’s next untitled film as well. Apparently, she’s charging a bit more than Rs 1 crore for the movie. “I don’t hike my price and neither do I reduce it. The producer pays what I’m worth. Many people say money is first, but to me it’s secondary,” she says.

Rumour has it that Trisha’s next film will be with Dhanush. This apart, Trisha will be starring in a Tamil and Hindi film, to be directed by Gautam Vasudev Menon. “I don’t like to discuss films that are still in the pipeline. And if I were to act in Gautam’s film, it will be only in Tamil,” she confirms. Why not Bollywood? “I know it’s the biggest industry. But right now I’m content here,” she says. Although she’s open to films in all languages, Trisha denies rumours of she being part of a Sandalwood project. “I need the time for it, which I don’t have right now,” she clarifies.

Trisha is constantly making headlines, be it for professional or personal reasons, but she’s resigned herself to the situation. “Whether it’s positive or negative news, I read the paper and keep it aside. Good or bad, I’m in the limelight,” she says.

0 Comments: