TELUGU CINEMASS

Feb 21, 2009

Charmy, the sexy glam girl of Tollywood


Charmy: A charmed life!

Charmy, the sexy glam girl of Tollywood, is returning to Kollywood with Laadam which released on Friday.

The beautiful Punjabi girl’s sunshine smile and chatter is enough to charm anyone. She has been around for the last six years, doing mainly Telugu films and has featured with all top heroes.

Two years back she reinvented herself with Anukokunda Oka Roju a powerful heroine-oriented film that worked wonders at the box office. Since then, she has been doing commercial films, playing second heroine to superstars in films like Style, Mantra, Pournami and Rakhi.

After a four year sabbatical, she wants to make a splash in Tamil films with “meaningful roles”. On the comeback trail with Laadam, the lovely lady says, “I’m doing a Tamil film after a long time. The role is tailor-made for me. I play the role of Angel, a positive and lively character who is a chatterbox. She is the central character around whom the movie revolves. The character is close to my heart.”

As far as she is concerned, she doesn’t plan things, and there was no decision not to do a Tamil film, it just happened. “I’m very happy the way my career has shaped out, it’s all God’s blessings,” says the actress.

The buzz in Tollywood is that she is open to doing glamorous roles and does not mind flaunting her body. Charmy shoots back, “Can you define the word glamour? There is a big difference between skin show and glamour. Glamour in my dictionary, is a positive word that means good looking. But, I have defined my limits for skin show. I don’t see anything wrong in being called glamorous.”

Laadam has also been dubbed in Telugu as 16 Days and almost all areas in Andhra have been sold. However, the actress is quick to point out, “What counts is my role and the impact it has on the audiences. I really love taking up challenges and doing performance-oriented roles.”

Charmy confesses that she may be the only heroine who has no Bollywood dreams. Her rivals in the industry say that she is too plump, and will not suit Bollywood audiences. Adds Charmy, “I’ve never tried for roles in Hindi films, although I did get a few offers. I’m doing well here and am not interested in Bollywood. I want to take one step at a time.”

0 Comments: