TELUGU CINEMASS

Oct 6, 2007

Actress Karishma Kotak Interview


THERE IS NO MAN IN MY LIFE : KARISHMA

Having shot to fame with her portrayal of an alluring radio jockey in her debut film, the Chiranjeevi starrer Shankardada Zindabad, a remake of Lage raho Munna bhai, the London borned model turned actress Karishma Kotak has not had a great time in Tollywood. The movie bombed at the box-office and she failed to make an impression. Though her career on the modelling front has been going great guns, Karishma seems to be eager to make a mark as an actress.

LONDON TO INDIA:

Born and brought up in London, Karishma has been modelling since the age of 16 and has featured in many top magazines in the U.K. But, it was in 2005 that she decided to shift base to India in search of opportunities. "Though I graduated in advertising and marketing, I was always drawn to showbiz. Having been modelling for a long time in London, I was looking for a change. India has one of the most vibrant cinema Industries in the World and I decided to try my luck." says Karishma.

The move proved to be the much needed shot in the arm for her career. Within just two months, she was signed by ace photographer Athul kasbekar to model for a top calender, and also walked the ramp in the fashion week. Ever since, there been no looking back. She is the brand Ambassodor for a leading soap brand, and has even featured in music videos with Sonu Nigam and Apache Indian.

ACTING:

Soon enough, she had acting offers at her doorstep. "My modelling assignments gave me great exposure and, to my surprise, I learnt that Indian cinema was much more than Bollywood. It fascinated me and I started taking acting, dancing and diction classes to take the plunge." she shares. But to her surprise, the first offer to come her way was from Tollywood. All she knew about Tollywood was that it was the biggest film industry, and little she know that she would be sharing the screen with Chiranjeevi. "The prospect of making my debut with one of the biggest stars in the country, in an alien langugage, frightened the life out of me. But contrary to my fears, it was a fantastic experience. Chiranjeevi is a thourough gentlemen. He was the most co-operative co-star and there is so much to learn from him-from his acting, to his humility", shares Karishma.

The actress seems to have no qualms about playing glamorous roles, but is taking one movie at a time for now, and says she wants to make a mark in Tollywood. "I am currently working in a Bollywood film, which has kept me away. In fact, I want to carve a niche for myself here. I am in discussion with some producers and , if all goes well, I would soon be acting in a Telugu movie".

RUMOURS:

Dismissing rumours about her marriage, she adds, "I don't know what pleasure people get out of spreading such rumours. Forget marriage, there is no man in my life. When he comes along, I will surely let the world know". Now, that must be re-assuring for a lot of her fans. What say?

Source:Timesofindia, Photo courtesy:Ragalahari.com

0 Comments: