TELUGU CINEMASS

Sep 28, 2007

Ram Charan's Thoughts On His Debut !


Amidst all the hype surrounding the release Ram Charan comes across as someone who has his feet firmly planted on the ground as he lets us into his thoughts in an interview.

One wonders what thoughts could be running through the mind of the 22-year-old who is being hailed as the next superstar even before the release of his first film, "Chirutha". Being the son of a super successful father is hard enough and one must be a brave man indeed to choose to follow those illustrious footsteps.

Excerpts:

On Pre-release Jitters: I am totally blank right now. The fact that it's my movie release is still sinking in because I was shooting till last week. The prospect of watching the premier was a little unsettling as I didn’t know what to expect. I will be eagerly looking forward to the response of my family, the film fraternity and fans of-course.

The Experience So far: I will let the audience have announce their verdict. I have put my best, being conscious of living up to the expectations of millions of my dad's fans. I've had the opportunity to work with the best in the industry - ace director Puri Jagannadh, music director Mani Sharma - in my very first film and it's just been fantastic. All I can say for now is that Chirutha is going to be a great entertainer. I am not the movie myself, but just a part of it.

Was Acting A natural Choice?: When you are born into a family that lives and breathes cinema, I guess it is only natural to take to it. I do not remember even thinking of being anything else. I got trained in the basics of acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor in Mumbai, but most of it is picked up from the institution that my home is.

On Comparisons: I realise I cannot stop people form drawing their comparisons. Those are big shoes to fill, and the least I can do is not let it get into my head. I try my best to keep my mind focussed on the job at hand. My career has just started and I am aware of the responsibility that comes with being the son of an icon like my father. I am excited about the challenge of carving a niche for myself in the industry.

Source:Timesofindia, Photo courtesy: Ragalahari.com

0 Comments: