TELUGU CINEMASS

Jun 13, 2007

PARVATI MELTON INTERVIEW


Parvati Melton - Democracy is her way of life:

Parvati Melton – a tall girl with big eyes and romantic smile. The Telugu film industry welcomed her with "Vennela" - produced by an NRI Teluguman. She became an instant sensation with the movie and it is not an exaggeration to say that the film would not have run for long but for the spell of Miss Melton's slick look on the wall posters. But, luck is yet to favor her even after she starred in two more movies – Game and Madhumasam. Born into the Indian Diaspora, she hails from New Jersey. A brief chitchat with her:

Q: At a time when Tollywood faces acute shortage of heroines, your entry is viewed with special attention. Can you tell us about your family background?

A: Yes. My father is a German and my mom, an Indian. But my entire brought-up was in America. Including education!

Q: How come you got a chance in the movie "Vennela"?

A: I am ardent lover of dance since childhood. But, I became more serious with this wing only five years ago. While a student, I tried to imitate the mannerisms of my favorite stars. At the same time, I have great passion for modeling. I even visited China, Japan and Australia to participate in modeling shows and competitions. Just at this phase, I got my first opportunity to do the heroine in "Vennela". An American NRI wanted to do this. And I was lucky he chose to shoot the entire film in America with Telugu artistes. As you all know, I played the role of a Telugu girl studying in US. It's great working with such a good team.

Q: Who inspired you most to become an actress?

A: Of course, I don't have anybody in mind to be particular as to be my inspiration. But I liked the movies of Amitabh Bachchan, NTR, Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi a lot.

Q: If not heroine, what you would have been?

A: Future is not in our hands. But, certainly we can mold it according to our wishes. I dreamt of becoming a good dancer, but I got break in modeling. Now, I am here as an artiste. After all, I would have been a businesswoman had I not got a chance to be an artiste. Still, I have offers ready in the business management.

Q: What are your dream roles?

A: I don't have any dream roles. But I want to get a name for myself in the industry – like Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi or Urmila. Definitely, I would do my best.

Q: What type of characters you like most?

A: I don't have inhibitions. As I told you, I grew in a very democratic atmosphere, where you are the judge of your feelings and actions. Democracy is not limited to politics alone, but to all spheres of human life. I am ready to do roles that suit my body language in the eye of the producers and directors. Anyway, my special interest would always be with glamour roles.

Q: What are your current projects?

A: My movie "Allare Allari" is ready for release. Now, I am doing a bilingual movie "Buddha" in Telugu and English. I am playing the historic role of Amrapali. I am also doing a Malayalam flick. I am thankful to Seetharama Sastry (lyricist) for giving me all the moral support to sustain in the industry.

Q: So far, you did three movies in different roles. Which one you liked well?

A: I liked my role in my latest flick "Madhumasam". I really liked the way Chandu (Chandra Mahesh – director of the film) narrated the story to me. The character shows the vigor of a lady who doesn't have any inhibitions. The role has come out as a frank expression of a girl's individuality. Thank you.

Source: FilmChamber.com

0 Comments: